When disasters hit, we’re here to help.
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey serves as the local affiliate of Lutheran Disaster Response (LDR), a ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. LSMNJ also works with the NJ District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
What we do:
- Strengthen long-term recovery groups
- Coordinate volunteers and housing
- Provide funding for recovery projects
- Facilitate emotional and spiritual support
We collaborate with:
- Interfaith organizations
- Federal, state, and local agencies
- The community-at-large
- Faith-based organizations
- Volunteer with a team assisting in recovery and rebuilding efforts
- Provide financial donations to help impacted families
- Offer prayerful support to lives that were changed by disaster
For more information about LSMNJ Disaster Recovery or if you, a congregation, or another group is interested in forming a work team to respond to SuperStorm Sandy, please contact us at 609-699-4115.
Donations can be mailed to:
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
3 Manhattan Drive
Burlington, NJ 08016
(Designate to Lutheran Disaster Recovery)