We help communities grow stronger.
At the heart of LSMNJ’s Community Engagement is the understanding that we are each called to love and serve our neighbors.
We believe that:
- All congregations have strengths and resources but can benefit from additional support and encouragement.
- Community engagement involves mutual respect, as well as a recognition and affirmation of the heritage, culture, and customs of both community and congregation.
- A ministry of community engagement focuses on empowerment and self-determination in response to community needs.
What is Community Engagement?
Through our community engagement programs at LSMNJ, we support congregational ministry by:
- Creating congregational links with LSMNJ programs;
- Helping congregations develop new outreach/engagement initiatives or partner with existing programs in their community;
- Mentoring congregations through resource development;
- Offering grant funding and other resources through Lutherans Feeding Friends to assist worship communities that are feeding their hungry neighbors;
- Providing networking opportunities for the sharing of information and ideas; and
- Facilitating special LSMNJ giving opportunities for congregations such as school backpacks, Easter dinner, holiday gifts, and disaster recovery flood buckets.
For more information about LSMNJ’s Community Engagement, contact Beth Gebhart at 609-699-4133 or email@example.com.